ANNOUNCE: folks 0.6.5

libfolks 0.6.5 is now available for download from:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.6/

6364d841d1a0fb506f0adef5c5b9c9346b20559ee519b76bc562d587cf1a07ba
folks-0.6.5.tar.bz2
86fd13cb32f3e85a96f9bc999616307323c967baddca3f9f3b402f23629bd5ee
folks-0.6.5.tar.xz

libfolks 0.6.5 — I don't mind you; fly your flag

Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a number of backends,
including Telepathy, evolution-data-server, libsocialweb, Tracker, and
a simple key-file backend.

The 0.6.x series is API and ABI stable and corresponds to the GNOME 3.2
release. We will continue in the 0.6.x for the foreseeable future,
until we need to make further API or ABI breaks (which we don't
anticipate at this time). We will make an announcement when we
officially commit to API/ABI stability for the project as a whole.

See the NEWS file for details on every break we made before 0.6.0. In
future releases, we will have example programs that will be kept
up-to-date with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

Reference documentation is available here:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-eds/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-libsocialweb/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-telepathy/

Overview of changes from libfolks 0.6.4.1 to libfolks 0.6.5
Bugs fixed:
* Bug 662285 — Error with email -> im_addresses when updating a contact
* Bug 662433 — AbstractFieldDetails.equal() is ambiguous about checking
  parameters.
* Bug 660908 — Add favourites support to EDS backend
* Bug 662770 — ContactPhotos are ignored when mime type is null
* Bug 662616 — We should set mime type when setting an EContact's photo
* Bug 662274 — Failed to link personas: Can't link personas with no
primary
  store.
* Bug 662314 — Gnome-shell restarts if I change my user status to
  disconnected/unavailable
* Bug 663798 — Add AbstractFieldDetails.value_type
* Bug 659585 — GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_bus_unwatch_name: assertion
  `watcher_id > 0' failed

API changes:
* Add AbstractFieldDetails.id to identify instances of details
* Deprecate PostalAddress.uid in favor of AbstractFieldDetails.id
* Deprecate NoteFieldDetails.uid in favor of AbstractFieldDetails.id
* Deprecate Role.uid in favor of AbstractFieldDetails.id
* Add AbstractFieldDetails.values_equal() to compare values (but not
parameters)
* Implement FavouriteDetails on Edsf.Persona
* Add AbstractFieldDetails.value_type

Behavior changes:
* PostalAddress.equal() now ignores PostalAddress.uid
* NoteFieldDetails.equal() now ignores NoteFieldDetails.uid

Dependencies
============
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of telepathy-glib,
built to include its Vala bindings.

The EDS backend also requires a recent release of evolution-data-server,
built to include its Vala bindings.

The Tracker backend requires a recent version of Tracker.

The Libsocialweb backend requires a recent version of libsocialweb,
built to include the Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact