Announce: nautilus-python 1.0

I'm very happy to release the next generation of the nautilus-python
bindings.  These are the first to support gobject introspection and
Nautilus and they also break compatibility with extensions written for
the static 0.x bindings.  With that being the case, I've incremented
the version number to the next major version, which is 1.0.  FYI, I
will continue to support the 0.7.x bindings as necessary with
bug-fixes for the foreseeable future.

Also, I consider these bindings to be somewhat obsolete in the long
term because it should be possible to port Nautilus to using libpeas,
the extensions library that applications such as gedit and totem are
using.  They support gobject introspection and multiple languages,
such as C, python, and js.  If Nautilus moves to using libpeas (which
I think is probably a good idea), then these bindings will no longer
be necessary (which would be OK with me).

The new release is available at:
  http://download.gnome.org/sources/nautilus-python/1.0/

Overview of changes in 1.0:
    - Use the gobject instrospection dynamic bindings, breaks compatibility
        for existing extensions.
    - For Nautilus3, the get_toolbar_items methods have been removed.
(Only reporting
        that change, it isn't up to us).  Should still work with
Nautilus 2.x annotations.
    - No longer look in the old ~/.nautilus/python-extensions or
/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions2.0/python
        folders for extensions.  Now look in
~/.local/share/nautilus-python/extensions or
        $XDG_DATA_DIR/nautilus-python/extensions.  Extensions should
be arch-independent now.
    - General clean up of the repository, removed old .cvsignore files
    - Updated the gtk-doc documentation and examples to work with new
dynamic bindings.

Blurb:
  Nautilus-python provides python bindings for the Nautilus File Manager's
  extension framework.  Using nautilus-python, developers can easily extend
  nautilus in python by adding context menu items, additional columns, and
  property pages, amongst other things.

nautilus-python 1.x requires:
  nautilus >= 2.32
  pygobject >= 2.28.2
  python >= 2.3.5

Homepage:
  http://projects.gnome.org/nautilus-python

Bug reports should be made in GNOME's bugzilla:
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=nautilus-python

Git Repository:
  http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus-python/

Adam Plumb