New! GottenGeography 1.0

What is GottenGeography?
========================

It is an easy to use photo geotagging application for the GNOME3
desktop. It allows you to geotag your photographs either automatically
(with GPS data) or manually (by clicking on a map), so that you never
forget where you took your photos.

What's new?
===========

This is the first stable, public release! Everything is new! ;-)

This release is developed for the latest Fedora 15 nightly, with the
intention that it be run on Fedora 15 when it is released. This means
that if you want to run it on something other than Fedora 15, you need
to install at least:

* libchamplain 0.9
* python 2.7
* pygobject 2.28
* pyexiv2 0.3

A good way of achieving this is with jhbuild, however the latest
Fedora 15 nightlies can do this without jhbuild. I'm running it this
way on my netbook right now ;-)

Where can I find out more?
==========================

https://github.com/robru/gottengeography/wiki

Particularly, the Tutorial has sexy screenshots:

https://github.com/robru/gottengeography/wiki/Tutorial

Where can I get it?
===================

https://github.com/robru/gottengeography/downloads

Who is responsible for this?
============================

Mostly me, but I would like to extend a HUGE thank-you to John 'J5'
Palmieri, Jiří Techet, and Olivier Tilloy. If you guys hadn't put up
with my near-constant nagging, NONE of this would have been possible.

Wow, this is really cool! Do you need any help?

Yes! GottenGeography is in dire need of:

* Feedback from real-life users!
* Packages for other distributions!
* Translations!
* An icon!