ANNOUNCEMENT: gnome-keyring 3.0.0
- From: Stef Walter <stefw collabora co uk>
- To: gnome-keyring-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: gnome-keyring 3.0.0
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 13:26:33 +0200
gnome-keyring is the part of the GNOME Desktop that saves your passwords
and encryption keys securely.
This is a stable release.
* A new library: libgck
* Use --with-gtk=3.0 to build with GTK 3.0
* libgp11 library has gone away.
* libgnome-keyring and gnome-keyring modules need to be upgraded
together to the same version. The running gnome-keyring-daemon
needs to match the libgnome-keyring version.
* Some helpful notes for distributors:
Changes between 2.32.0 and 3.0.0:
* Better implementation of Secret Service specification.
* Fix gpg-agent prompting for new passwords.
* Don't leak login name into logs when logging PAM error.
* More secure negotiation of session keys for password transfer.
* Implement PKCS#11 URI support in libgck.
* Certificate Widget added in libgcr.
* Fix initialization problem if DBus wasn't started early enough.
* Testing cleanup (incomplete).
* gnome-keyring and gnome-keyring-daemon have --version option.
* Added APIs for building certificate chains in libgcr.
* Added APIs for looking up trust assertions in libgcr.
* Find the root certificate trust anchor files by default.
* GTK+3.0 compatibility.
* Use linux capabilities to overcome limits on locked memory.
* Add timeout if daemon is started by PAM but then not inited.
* Fix login keyring if password doesn't match unix login.
* Rename libgp11 to libgck and stabilize API.
* Tons of bugs fixes and build fixes.
Details of changes between 2.91.93 and 3.0.0:
Alexander Shopov (1):
Updated Bulgarian translation
Amitakhya Phukan (1):
Updated Assamese translations
Chao-Hsiung Liao (1):
Updated Traditional Chinese translation(Hong Kong and Taiwan)
Daniel Korostil (1):
Updated Indonesian translation
Updated Tamil translation
Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio (1):
Updated Basque language
Jamil Ahmed (1):
Updated Bengali translation
Joan Duran (1):
Updated Catalan translation
Kjartan Maraas (1):
Updated Norwegian bokmål translation
Kris Thomsen (1):
Updated Danish translation
Luca Ferretti (1):
Updated Italian translation
Miroslav Nikolić (1):
Updated Serbian translation
Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (2):
po/vi.po: import from Damned Lies
Updated Vietnamese translation
Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira (1):
Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation. Reviewed by Antonio
Fernandes C. Neto.
Stef Walter (1):
Release version 3.0.0
Sweta Kothari (1):
Updated Gujarati Translations
] [Thread Prev