GNOME 2.91.1 Development Release

===============================

Now the fun begins! With all the moving parts in our platform, making
this release was... challenging. To not say, extremely painful :-)

There a few modules which are still trying to recover from the major
changes in GTK+ and another few haven't been ported to new libnotify
API. Some modules might not even run at this point.

The positive outcome of this release is that quite a few bugs have
been reported to fix the issues we found (so next releases will probably
be smoother) and some maintainers have already made necessary changes
to get their modules building with GNOME 3.

If you have bug reports requesting your module to comply with new
dependencies and APIs in GNOME 3, please act on them as soon as possible
so that next releases are a bit easier for all of us.

To compile GNOME 2.91.1, you can the jhbuild [1] modulesets [2] (which
use the exact tarball versions from the official release):

 [1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/
 [2] http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.91.1/

The release notes that describe the changes between 2.90.0 and 2.91.1
are available. Go read them to learn all the goodness of this release:

platform - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.91/2.91.1/NEWS
desktop  - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.91/2.91.1/NEWS
admin    - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.91/2.91.1/NEWS
bindings - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.91/2.91.1/NEWS
devtools - http://download.gnome.org/devtools/2.91/2.91.1/NEWS
mobile   - http://download.gnome.org/mobile/2.91/2.91.1/NEWS

The GNOME 2.91.1 release is available here:

platform sources - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.91/2.91.1/
desktop  sources - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.91/2.91.1/
admin    sources - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.91/2.91.1/
bindings sources - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.91/2.91.1/
devtools sources - http://download.gnome.org/devtools/2.91/2.91.1/
mobile   sources - http://download.gnome.org/mobile/2.91/2.91.1/

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
--------------------------

This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is
buildable and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking
purposes. GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development
status.

For more information about 2.91, the full schedule, the official
modules list and the proposed modules list, please see our 2.91 page:
 http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable/

Also take a look at the abbreviated schedule reminder page at:
 http://live.gnome.org/Schedule

Enjoy!

--lucasr