gtkaml 0.2.11 and 0.2.12 released
- From: Vlad Grecescu <b100dian gmail com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: gtkaml 0.2.11 and 0.2.12 released
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:20:48 +0300
Changes in 0.2.11:
- fixed building with libvala-0.10
- fixed a crash in reporting parsing errors
- fixed build warnings
- added test case3 / example for instantiating a non-visual class
Changes in 0.2.12
- fixed building with libvala-0.12
Many thanks to pancake for his contribution to all these!
is an markup language that reuses the
Vala compiler to
write Gtk+ widgets through casual XML.
<Label label="_Hello" with-mnemonic="true" expand="false"
<Entry g:public="my_entry" text="World! "/>
* compact XML syntax for describing Gtk widgets
* code 'islands' (written in Vala) - for signal handling and other
code in your widget class (so you don't modify the generated code ever)
* doesn't depend on an external library at run-time (other than Gtk+)
* much more readable than the usual UI boilerplate (e.g. you don't
need to worry about temporary variables, or ever write hundreds of lines of code)
* no Gtk+ magic - gtkaml
can be used for any
component/widget library, given that the composition method selection is specified in the *.implicits file
0.2.x is currently in maintainence mode.
Only releases to sync with Vala are made, and bugs may be fixed if they don't require re-architecturing.
0.4 is in prototyping phase.
include re-using Vala's
parser for expressions and Vala symbol resolver as much as possible,
opening the oportunity to data binding based on 'notify' signal.
Full release notes: http://code.google.com/p/gtkaml/wiki/ReleaseNotes
 Examples: http://code.google.com/p/gtkaml/wiki/Example
] [Thread Prev