GLib 2.23.2 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.23.2 released
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:57:07 -0500
GLib 2.23.2 is now available for download at:
This is the a development release leading up to GLib 2.24.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.22. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.22.
* GLib 2.24 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.22 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.23 are not yet finalized, so there may be
incompatibilities between this release and the final
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.23.1 to GLib 2.23.2
* We are now using gcc builtins for atomic operations when available
* g_assert() grew the ability to store assertions in core dumps
* GIO supports lazy loading of GIO modules, and there is a new
gio-querymodule utility that goes along with this.
Packagers will need to adapt to this.
* Threading changes:
- The requirements for g_thread_init() have been relaxed slightly,
it can be called multiple times, and does not have to be the first
- GObject now links to GThread and threads are enabled automatically
when g_type_init() is called.
- Thread-safety issues with boxed types in GObject have been fixed.
- Another bunch of performance work has landed
- GVariantType has been merged, with the rest of the GVariant
API to follow.
* Bugs fixed:
568760 nautilus freezes due to a bug in garray.c:322
602417 Document lifecycles of GSimpleAsyncResult and friends
604824 crash in Epiphany: Selecting my Slashdot bo...
448888 don't init g_slice for always-malloc
531902 Use GCC atomic buildins for g_atomic*
554887 boxed type registration is not thread safe
586150 unresolved symbols when building glib 2.21.2 on OS X Tiger
589176 row gvalue transform array exponentially
594872 Support storing assertion messages into core dump
602240 Upgrade libasyncns to 0.8
603590 Speed up G_VALUE_COLLECT
604457 gutf8inputstream.c: increasing unknown size pointer
605686 GCharsetConverter doesn't flush
605733 g_memory_output_stream_new violates GObject standards
605883 g_object_new() processes varargs even when there are none
605977 invalid utf-8 conversion in g_local_file_get_parse_name(...
606775 Enable threads by default in gobject
* Translation updates:
Thanks to all contributors:
Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
January 25, 2010
] [Thread Prev