Announce: AT-SPI2 0.1.7 released.

AT-SPI2 0.1.7 is now available for download at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/0.1/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/0.1/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/0.1/

Notes
=====

A list of work required before the a full release can be found at:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

This release is intended to be installed on a system where the CORBA
version of at-spi is already present. Gtk and python modules will be
re-located to non-standard directories on install so as not to conflict
with the AT-SPI CORBA modules. To disable this re-location configure
with the '--disable-relocate' option.

What's changed in AT-SPI2 0.1.7
===============================

Pyatspi:
          * Change interface and path names from org.freedesktop to
            org.a11y.

Core:
          * Change interface and path names from org.freedesktop to
            org.a11y.

          * Update the XML protocol to be in-sync with the code.

          * Add D-Bus introspection. Modify introspection so that
            protocol files are no-longer installed.

Atk:
          * Change interface and path names from org.freedesktop to
            org.a11y.

          * Add change to fix rpmlint 64bit portability errors.

          * Modify the introspection method so that it no longer uses
            installed files for introspection.

What is AT-SPI2
===============

AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python.

Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2

The project wiki is available at:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/ATK/AT-SPI/AT-SPI_on_D-Bus

A page detailing the project plan can be found at:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?
================================

We are actively seeking contributors to help us make this the standard
a11y framework for Gnome. We need help testing with Gnome accessibility
technologies, and are especially looking for someone to create client
bindings in 'C' that meet the cspi API.

IRC   : 'a11y' on Gimpnet
E-Mail: accessibility-atspi lists linux-foundation org

Development repositories can be found at:

git://git.gnome.org/pyatspi2
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-core
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-atk