[ANNOUNCE] PyGobject 2.20.0 - stable
- From: Gian Mario Tagliaretti <gianmt gnome org>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, Discussioni generali sul linguaggio Python <python lists python it>, PYGTK <pygtk daa com au>, python-announce-list python org
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PyGobject 2.20.0 - stable
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:54:39 +0200
I am pleased to announce version 2.20.0 of the Python bindings for GObject.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
What's new since PyGObject 2.19.0?
- Allow to use automake 1.11 (Paolo Borelli)
- Specify programming language in .devhelp file (Frédéric Péters)
- Plug reference leak of GSource in pyg_main_loop_init (Paul)
- Updated uninstalled.pc file (Brian Cameron)
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
PyGObject requires glib >= 2.14.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
GIO bindings require glib >= 2.16.0.
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
GNOME Foundation member
gianmt gnome org
] [Thread Prev