[ANNOUNCE] Clutter Core 1.1.2 - Developers snapshot
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- To: clutter o-hand com
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Clutter Core 1.1.2 - Developers snapshot
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:13:59 +0100
less than 3 months after the 1.0.0 release here's a new development
snapshot for Clutter.
Clutter 1.1.2 is now available for download at:
Clutter is an open source software library for creating fast, visually
rich, portable and animated graphical user interfaces. Clutter is
licensed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
Clutter currently requires:
• GLib >= 2.16.0
• Cairo >= 1.6
• Pango >= 1.20
• OpenGL >= 1.4, OpenGL|ES 1.1 or OpenGL|ES 2.0
• GLX, SDL, WGL, Quartz or an EGL Implementation
Depending on the platform and the configuration options Clutter also
• GDK-Pixbuf >= 2.0
• JSON-GLib >= 0.8
• This is the first developers snapshot of the 1.1 cycle
• This version is API and ABI compatible with the current
stable release of Clutter
• Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the
files from the installation of the current stable release
• Bugs should be reported to: http://bugzilla.o-hand.com
What's new in Clutter 1.1.2:
• List of changes since Clutter 1.0
o Add ClutterLayoutManager, an abstract proxy class for easily
writing layout management policies; also add ClutterLayoutMeta,
a class for storing layout properties.
o Add ClutterBox, a generic container actor that relies on a
ClutterLayoutManager instance to manage the layout of its
o Add the following layout managers:
- ClutterFixedLayout - a layout manager implementing the
policy used by ClutterGroup
- ClutterBinLayout - a layout manager for packing actors
as layers inside the same area, with per-actor alignment
- ClutterFlowLayout - a layout manager arranging actors as
a reflowing grid
- ClutterBoxLayout - a layout manager arranging actors as
a single line
o Remove the requirement for the backend-specific implementation
of ClutterStage to be a ClutterActor: a Stage implementation must
only implement the ClutterStageWindow interface. This cleans up
the backend code.
o COGL source tree clean up and rationalization; COGL now
knows the platform, and not only the driver (GL or GLES) so
we can migrate part of the low-level backend code from Clutter
to COGL where it makes sense.
o Remove code duplication across whole COGL.
o The GLES 2.0 driver for COGL, and the EGLX backend for Clutter
have been fixed and confirmed working.
o Add "dump-pick-buffer" to CLUTTER_DEBUG: this debug options
dumps the contents of each pick() buffer into a PNG file, for
o Allow interpolating intervals of ClutterUnits for animating
o Increase strictness and correctness of the ClutterUnits
o Add GValue transformation functions for ClutterPath to and
from a string.
o Fix word movement in ClutterText; implement GObject getter for
:use-markup; emit notification for :position; decouple the
:text property from the :use-markup property.
o Do not queue redraws or relayouts on actors currently being
o Support #rrggbb and #rgb notations for ClutterColor.
o Multiple bug fixes.
o Provide _NET_WM_PID on the X11 stage implementation.
o Documentation and Introspection annotation fixes.
o Add test units for the ClutterActor size requesition.
o Build fixes.
o Use AM_SILENT_RULES if Automake 1.11 is detected, and fall
back to Shave on older Automake versions.
Many thanks to:
Owen W. Taylor
Have fun with Clutter!
] [Thread Prev