ANNOUNCE: tracker 0.7.1 released
- From: Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, Tracker mailing list <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: tracker 0.7.1 released
- Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:55:00 +0100
tracker 0.7.1 is now available for download from:
What is it?
All-in-one indexer, search tool and metadata database.
Where can I find out more?
You can visit the project web site:
* Updated version of dbus and dbus-glib and removed
SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE use everywhere.
* Updated version of libxml to something realistic.
* Updated version of libgee to 0.3.
* Updated vala requirement suggestion in autogen.sh to 0.7.6.
* Added prefix "mlo" for http://www.tracker-project.org/temp/mlo
* Updated scal ontology to cover ical standard.
* Added initial documentation for libtracker-miner.
* Fixed typo in tracker-processes man page.
* Fixed warnings when building documentation for libtracker-common
* Regenerated documentation sections for libtracker-common
* Fixed memory leak in tracker_string_to_date().
* Moved TrackerParser API to libtracker-fts, only used there.
* Updated headers so only one header can be included if used
* Added support for fn:contains and fn:ends-with for SPARQL.
* Removed unnecessary FTS INSERT and DELETE statements.
* Updated to avoid unnecessary SQL CAST expressions.
* Added to unit tests
* Removed broken and unused paragraph detection.
* Moved this from "tracker-fts" everywhere in code base since it is
a library not an application.
* Added get_status() and is_paused() APIs.
* Removed GetName and GetDescription DBus methods, now in desktop
files and exposed through TrackerMinerManager API.
* Clean up queued batch updates to the database when clients
* Do not use JOIN for simple OPTIONAL patterns in SPARQL
(significant speed improvement).
* Added support back for thumbnailing.
* Added support for full paths in config for IgnoredFiles and
* Added support for XDG spec. for special user directories. So now
in the config, IndexRecursiveDirectories and
IndexSingleDirectories can include "&DOCUMENTS", or "&MUSIC", etc.
The list of special locations is listed in the config and
documented. This falls back to $HOME when not available for some
* Removed unused files.
* Updated the default indexed locations to DESKTOP, DOCUMENTS,
DOWNLOADS, MUSIC, PICTURES and VIDEOS as per the XDG spec (this
* Fixed trying to send thumbnail queues of size 0.
* Fixed trying to send thumbnails when service is not available.
* Fixed double unref in thumbnailer code.
* Fixed 2 memory leaks found while valgrinding.
* Fixed assertion in HAL is NULL from starting on the command line.
* Fixed Ctrl+C not working with -d.
* Use libtracker-miner APIs instead of DBus calls.
* Use libtracker-miner API to get display names (translatable).
* Fixed crash when clicking on the results window with the "no
results found..." message.
* Added smart wildcards when last character is not a space.
* Fixed category selector.
* Fixed crasher when selecting categories.
* Fixes NB#141309, Remove nco:hasPostalAddress cardinality limitation
* Fixes NB#132655, Tracker-import error handling jams
* Fixes GB#595976, Message 'SQL logic error or missing database'
* Fixes GB#592400, String translation issues
* Fixes GB#595752, Minor string fixes
The Deskbar applet packaged with Tracker is currently out of date
and needs some love to get it working with the new APIs. It is in
the same state as it was for 0.6. As such it isn't expected to work.
02 October 2009
] [Thread Prev