GTK+ 2.19.0 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.19.0 released
- Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 19:57:02 -0500
GTK+ 2.19.0 is now available for download at:
This is the first development release leading toward 2.20.
* This is the first development release in the 2.19 cycle.
It has had only little testing and there are unfinished
features and plenty of bugs in this release. It should
definitively not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.18. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.18.
* GTK+ 2.20 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.18 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.20 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.18.x to 2.19.0
* A throbber widget and cell renderer have been added: GtkSpinner and
* GtkFileSystemModel has been reimplemented, for major speedups and
* Synchronize compose sequences with the current X.org Compose file
- The GDI+ image loader works again
- XP themes have been disabled since they don't work currently
* OS X:
- Fix crashes due to unimplemented GdkWindowImplIface methods
- Use standard Mac keyboard shortcuts (Cmx-X, Cmd-C instead of
Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, etc)
- Add a pixbuf loader for the QTIF format
- Improve multi-monitor handling
* GSEAL work:
- New accessor for GtkDialog: gtk_dialog_get_widget_for_response
- New accessor for GtkViewport: gtk_viewport_get_bin_window
- Add a GtkCellEditable::editing-canceled property
- GtkInputDialog has been deprecated
- GtkCurve and GtkGammaCurve have been deprecated
- The tab-packing feature in GtkNotebook has been deprecated
* Bugs fixed:
594644 Cannot compile GTK+ with MinGW 4.4.0
581150 GtkIconView tries to paint items with invalid sizes
598881 Unimplemented GdkWindowImplIface methods crash gimp on OSX
598218 Substitute deprecated gtk_*_ref/unref calls
381371 Print margins not correct in WIN32 - not allowing for...
597596 Toolbar button accessible objects don't have label name
599118 Translators comment for "Finishing" labels
598261 Add support to GtkTooltip to handle GIcons
530351 Use standard mac shortcuts
597865 Move documentation from templates to inline comments
596083 Deprecate notebook label packing functionality
594903 Deprecate GtkInputDialog
599403 Avoid using accel group internals in GtkSocket
590800 The window content is not updated correctly when scrolling
598515 Do not assign the GtkSpinner parent class twice
552678 gdi+ pixbuf loaders fail on "large" images
598217 Substitute deprecated gdk_*_ref/unref calls
596238 Make Quartz backend properly implement the GdkScreen...
599446 atk_object_set_name () assertion in gtk_tool_button_set_label
592582 Print preview doesn't reflect the printout
563010 GtkFileChooserButton cannot have none file selected again
596019 No accesors for GtkDialog buttons
366217 Add QTIF image support
594962 No accessor for GTK_ENTRY (entry)->editing_canceled
* Updated translations:
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release:
Federico Mena Quintero
November 1, 2009
] [Thread Prev