GTK+ 2.17.3 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.17.3 released
- Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 01:17:40 -0400
GTK+ 2.17.3 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
* This is an unstable development release.
It has had only little testing and there are unfinished
features and plenty of bugs in this release. It should
definitively not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.16. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.16.
* GTK+ 2.18 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.16 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.18 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.2 to 2.17.3
- Shows the size column by default now
- Has a title property, which can be used by ATs when they
read status icons
- The default theme now includes color definitions for infobars
- The ::use-tooltip-style style property has been removed
* GtkMountOperation now supports interaction during unmount operations.
* The client-side windows branch has been merged; GDK now maintains
its own window hierarchy client-side, and only uses X windows where
unavoidable. Some of the benefits of this change are
- Reduced flicker
- The ability to do transformed and animated rendering of widgets
- Easier embedding of GTK+ widgets e.g. into Clutter scene graphs
This is a fundamental change to the way GDK works, so watch out for
* Bugs fixed:
586315 Crash in GTK+ 2.14 when calling gtk.FileChooser.list_shor...
461944 pressing the volume icon in full screen shuts down the sound
490724 iconview item's height would be changed event with same m...
564063 regression: Left margin in popup menus
582025 Accelerators fail for submenus
585626 Setting widget tooltip hammers X11 server on any TCP/IP X...
585802 Add API to make GtkStatusIcon accessible with a name
585858 right-click Add-to-Booksmarks is sometimes greyed out
586330 GtkButton ignores user_underline when an image is set
318807 Offscreen windows and window redirection
587716 GtkInfoBar broken on resize
587485 GMountOperation::show-processes support
* Updated translations
Thanks to all contributors:
Federico Mena Quintero
Tristan van Berkom
July 7, 2009
] [Thread Prev