[ANNOUNCE] PyGTK 2.17.0 - unstable
- From: Gian Mario Tagliaretti <gianmt gnome org>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, PYGTK <pygtk daa com au>, Discussioni generali sul linguaggio Python <python lists python it>, python-announce-list python org
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PyGTK 2.17.0 - unstable
- Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 21:35:49 +0100
A new unstable development release of the Python bindings
for GTK+ has been released.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
GTK+ is a toolkit for developing graphical applications that run on
systems such as Linux, Windows and MacOS X. It provides a comprehensive set
of GUI widgets, can display Unicode bidi text. It links into the Gnome
Accessibility Framework through the ATK library.
PyGTK provides a convenient wrapper for the GTK+ library for use in
Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GTK+ library itself PyGTK is licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is
suitable for use in both free software and proprietary applications. It
is already in use in many applications ranging from small single purpose
scripts up to large full features applications.
What's new since 2.16.0?
- Some docs improvements (Gian Mario)
- Wrap new API added in GTK/GDK 2.18 (Gian Mario)
- Release GIL in several gdk.Pixbuf methods (Paul, #591726)
- Fix override for gtk.TreeSortable.do_get_sorted_column_id (Paul)
- Make it possible to implement gtk.TreeSortable to some extent (Paul)
- Fix wrong gtk.gdk.color_from_hsv definition (Arun Raghavan, #594347)
- Plug memory leaks in a few Pango Cairo functions (Paul, #599730)
- Plug a huge leak in gtk.Widget.get_snapshot() (Benjamin Berg, #596612)
- Undeprecate gtk.Toolbar.(un)set_icon_size() again (Paul)
Bug reports, as always, should go to Bugzilla; check out
http://pygtk.org/developer.html and http://pygtk.org/feedback.html for
links to posting and querying bug reports for PyGTK.
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
GNOME Foundation member
gianmt gnome org
] [Thread Prev