[ANNOUNCE] LibUnique 1.0.0 (stable)
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- To: gnome-announce-list <gnome-announce-list gnome org>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] LibUnique 1.0.0 (stable)
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:22:36 +0100
LibUnique 1.0.0 is now available at:
LibUnique is everyone's (least) favorite library for writing single
instance applications. LibUnique makes it easy to write this kind of
applications by providing a base class, taking care of all the IPC
machinery needed to send messages to a running instance, and also
handling the startup notification side.
Unique aims to replace the BaconMessageConnection code that has been
copied by many projects and the equivalent code using Bonobo or D-Bus.
- This is the first stable release of LibUnique.
- The API is finalized and frozen; further releases of the
1.x series will be API and ABI compatible.
- Web site: http://live.gnome.org/LibUnique
- gobject-2.0 >= 2.12
- gtk+-2.0 >= 2.11
- dbus-glib-1 (optional)
List of changes for 1.0.0:
* First stable release
* API is frozen
* D-Bus and socket backends supported
Special thanks to:
- Ross Burton
- John Wendell
- Jonny Lamb
- Richard Hughes
] [Thread Prev