[pygtk] ANNOUNCE: PyGObject 2.15.2
- From: Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, Python Announce List <python-announce-list python org>
- Cc: PyGTK List <pygtk daa com au>
- Subject: [pygtk] ANNOUNCE: PyGObject 2.15.2
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:13:52 +0200
I am pleased to announce version 2.15.2 of the Python bindings for GObject.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
What's new since PyGObject 2.15.2?
- New module: glib, which contains the parts of the old
gobject bindings which are in the glib library.
MainLoop/MainContext/Sources/GOption and a few others has now
- Add a new installed library libpyglib-2.0, which contains the
extension API for third-part modules instead of relying on macros
which accesses struct fields.
- Add bindings for gio.File.enumerate_children_async,
- Add a new api for mapping a GError domain to an exception and
register an exception for GIOError.
- Remove leading IO_* prefix for the gio flags and register a quark
for the domain.
- Use GSlice in the glib module and bump required version to 2.14.
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject+ library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
PyGObject requires glib >= 2.14.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
GIO bindings require glib >= 2.16.0.
] [Thread Prev