GDM2 2.19.8 (unstable), the "Spencer" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.19.8 (unstable), the "Spencer" Release
- Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 02:09:32 -0500
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.19.8 release is an unstable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements.
- Fix bug where GDM was not properly executing a custom Xserver
start script. This fixes a regression introduced earlier in
GDM 2.19. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix bug with ConsoleKit that occurs when the session is going
to migrate. Previous code was failing to send the notification
when the greeter is not TYPE_FLEXI. (Ian Jackson)
- Set invisible character to '*' for gdmgreeter. (Sebastien
- When using gdm_verify_standalone_pam_conv (used by automatic
login) set echo to FALSE when PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF is handled.
- Make it possible to configure system dependant options by
setting environment variables before running configure. Also
support /usr/X11/bin/Xorg when setting X_PATH, etc. (Laszlo
- Translation updates (I. Felix, Duarte Loreto, Jovan Naumovski,
St\303\251phane Raimbault, Pramod Raghavendra, Rajesh Ranjan,
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron
now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.18/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.19/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
] [Thread Prev