Announcing Orca v2.18.0
- From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: Announcing Orca v2.18.0
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:20:11 -0400
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and contributions from
wonderful community members.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
NOTE ON FIREFOX 3.0 SUPPORT: we know many of you are anxiously awaiting
compelling access to the web via Orca and Firefox. As of v2.18.0, the
support is still under development and both the Orca and Firefox teams
are working feverishly to get it there for Firefox 3.0. We're getting
there step by step.
* What's changed for Orca v2.18.0?
* See http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ReleaseNotes/Orca for a
summary of what's changed since Orca v1.0.0. The remainder of these
bullet items cover what's changed since Orca v2.17.92. NOTE to
translators: I'm still working on a summary of your hard work so
your names will be in the release notes.
* Much more work on Gecko.py support for Firefox. Firefox support
still has a ways to go, both inside Firefox itself and inside Orca.
* Much more work on Gecko.py support for Thunderbird. Thunderbird
support still has a ways to go, both inside Thunderbird itself and
inside Orca. We recommend using Evolution at this time.
* Implemented GNOME GOAL #3 - removed "Application" from Categories in
* Work to make sure Orca still works with the latest gnome-mag release.
* Updated man page.
* Fix for bug 413457 to prevent Orca from speaking various names for
the "-" character twice in a row in German.
* Adjusted StarOffice.py to prevent a traceback in face of some regressions
* Support for better filtering of events in debug logs.
* New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
ar Arabic Khaled Hosny and Djihed Afifi
bg Bulgarian Alexander Shopov, Rostislav Raykov,
Vladimir Petkov, and Iassen Pramatarov
ca Catalan Gil Forcada and Josep Puigdemont i Casamajó
de German Hendrik Richter and Jochen Skulj
dz Dzongkha Pema Geyleg
en_GB English/British David Lodge and Gareth Owen
fi Finnish Ilkka Tuohela
fr French Jonathan Ernst and Stéphane Raimbault
gu Gujarati Ankit Patel
hu Hungarian Kálmán Kéménczy and Gabor Kelemen
it Italian Luca Ferretti
ko Korean Changwoo Ryu
lt Lithuanian $-1¡½ygimantas Beru ka and Gintautas
mk Macedonian Jovan Naumovski
pt Portuguese Duarte Loreto
pt_BR Brazilian Portuguese Raphael Higino, Og Maciel, Jonh Wendell and
ru Russian Nickolay V. Shmyrev
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander
uk Ukrainian Maxim Dziumanenko
zh_HK Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao and Woodman Tuen
zh_TW Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao and Woodman Tuen
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.17.92 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
] [Thread Prev