Announcing Orca v2.19.4

Office and progresses via continued engagement with end users and
contributions from wonderful community members.

Come join us -- help the community grow.  You can read more about Orca
at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.  See also the Orca road map at
http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap/Orca.

NOTE ON FIREFOX 3.0 SUPPORT: we know many of you are anxiously awaiting
compelling access to the web via Orca and Firefox.  We're making steady
progress on this front, both in Orca and with the Firefox team.  We're
getting there step by step, and we're receiving positive comments from
people who are having good success with where we are today.  We'll keep
going -- join us on the Orca list and share your comments, suggestions,
and questions.

==================================
* What's changed for Orca v2.19.4?
==================================

Lots, and all in less than two weeks.  I'd also like to take the
opportunity to thank our newest team member, Scott Haeger, for his
contribution of providing link preview information for Firefox.  Expect
to see more from Scott in upcoming releases, and I'll provide more
information on Scott in the Orca v2.19.5 announcement.

General:

* Fix for bug 376515 - Add GUI support for the new customizable
  text-attribute feature. There is a new "Text Attributes" pane in
  the Orca preferences dialog for this. It can also be set on an
  individual app-specific basis.

* Fix for bug 433818 - Messages on system tab of gnome-system-monitor
  are not reported by Orca.

* Fix for bug 433951 - making changes in the Orca Preferences dialog
  causes loss of script state.

* Fixes for bug 435199 - Orca is bloating the swap partition, so the
  system is no more usable after a short time.  We did a lot of
  analysis of Orca's memory usage and patched the leaks we were able
  to detect.  There is still a leak in the AT-SPI infrastructure; it
  is being worked on by the AT-SPI maintainers and is tracked via bug
  446277.

Firefox:

* Fix for bug 442709 - Need to do "combo box cleanup"/refactor for
  Firefox.

* Fix for bug 443337 - Orca should not use the alt text if it is empty
  to infer a link name.

* Fix for bug 444148 - Orca doesn't speak form fields at landsend.com

* Fix for bug 445578 - Link preview information would be desirable for
  Firefox.  This is obtained when performing a "Where Am I" operation
  (KP_Enter for desktop bindings, ORCA_MODIFIER+Return for laptop
  bindings).  Many thanks to new community member Scott Haeger for
  this functionality!

Java platform:

* Fix for bug 435553 - KeyError: 'startOffset' during Java Control
  Panel flat-review.

* Fix for bug 436658 - flat-review speaks "filler" for SwingSet2
  demo/source tabs.

* Fix for bug 436661 - flat-review speaks SwingSet2 toolbar image
  paths instead of item names.

* Fix for bug 437226 - Orca should handle Java labels and text where
  LABEL_FOR is not set.

New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):

    dz      Dzongkha             Pema Geyleg
    es      Spanish              Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
				 Jorge Gonzalez

* Where can I get it?

You can obtain Orca v2.19.4 in source code form at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.19/orca-2.19.4.tar.gz
http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.19/orca-2.19.4.tar.bz2

Enjoy!

The Orca Team