GNOME Power Manager 2.17.90 released

GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the
power on your laptop or desktop system.

This _unstable_ release contains bugfixes since 2.17.4 was released.

================
Version 2.17.90
================

Released January 22, 2006

General

 - Add the start of a self-test framework.
 - Fix a metric ton of spelling errors in the yelp file.
 - Add a BrightnessChanged signal for the brightness applet.

Power Manager

 - Change default to be ondemand at 85 performance on AC and ondemand at 25
   performance on battery.
 - Add this new dbus interface so we can provide an alternate UI environment,
   for instance for XFCE or OLPC.
 - Use correct gnome-keyring-1 include directory. #388815
 - Point the applets help to the applets section in the main help file. #388904.
 - Don't localize battery description string as this is used internally for
   icon name. (Pascal Terjan)
 - Emit the correct signals when HAL disconnects or connects. This fixes the
   problem where the icon does not change when HAL is restarted.
 - Make sure we always use an SetBrightness int for brightness. This fixes a
   crash for people using the new libsmbios dell addon in HAL. #395174.
 - Merge BrightnessLcd and Dpms into Backlight so we can use this interface
   in a more generic way.

Power Preferences

 - Fix popup_menu callback signature. (Christian Persch) #390172.
 - Add /apps/gnome-power-manager/show_cpufreq_ui GConf key. It's not something
   I wanted to do, as 99% of people don't need to ever change this, but the
   1% will need to for specific systems. Default to hiding the control.
   Distros can patch this if required.
 - Categorize gnome-power-preferences for the control center shell.
   (Denis Washington) #394701.

Translators

 - Christopher Orr (en_GB)
 - Clytie Siddall (vi)