Announcing Orca v2.17.90

===============
* What is Orca?
===============

Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification.  Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and contributions from
wonderful community members.

You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.

The Orca 2.17.x series are designated for the GNOME 2.17.x releases,
but should also work well on the GNOME 2.16.x releases.

NOTE ON FIREFOX 3.0 SUPPORT: we know many of you are anxiously awaiting
compelling access to the web via Orca and Firefox.  As of v2.17.90,
the support is still under development and both the Orca and Firefox
teams are working feverishly to get it there for Firefox 3.0.

===================================
* What's changed for Orca v2.17.90?
===================================

* Much more work on the Gecko script (to support both Firefox and
Thunderbird).  Please note that this is still a work in progress
and much more work needs to be done both inside Orca and inside
Firefox and Thunderbird.  We're working very very hard.  Our focus
is Firefox 3.0.

* More work on the Thunderbird script to accommodate some unique
aspects of the Thunderbird UI.  We've also logged several bugs
with the Thunderbird folks to help address these things.

* Fix for bug 376791: Orca now provides better access to the buddy
list in Gaim 2.0.0 beta 5.

* Fix for bug 397797: Orca now exposes the language attribute of a
speech synthesizer voice to allow people to more easily disambiguate
voice names.

* Fix for bug 394397: Orca now handles arrowing to the end of a line
better and prevents the line from being spoken again.

* Fix for bug 392939: "-" is now spoken spoken when used as a negative
sign at "some" punctuation.

* Fix for bug 395749: make sure we reference any_data values when we
get an event rather than waiting to work with them asynchronously.

* Added new 'attributes' field to the Python Accessible class
defined in at-spi.py.  This allows scripts to more easily access
the attributes of an AT-SPI object.

* New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):

    ar      Arabic               Djihed Afifi and Mohamed Magdy
    bg      Bulgarian            Alexander Shopov
    de      German               Hendrik Richter
    en_GB   English/British      David Lodge
    mk      Macedonian           Jovan Naumovski
    sv      Swedish              Daniel Nylander

=====================
* Where can I get it?

You can obtain Orca v2.17.90 in source code form at the following URL:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.17/orca-2.17.90.tar.gz
http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.17/orca-2.17.90.tar.bz2

>From the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office,

Willie Walker, Project Lead
Mike Pedersen, User Interface Design
Rich Burridge, Core Development and Scripting
Lynn Monsanto, Core Development and Java Platform Support
Michele Budris, Program Management