GDM2 2.17.8 (unstable), the "Lhasa" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.17.8 (unstable), the "Lhasa" Release
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:17:51 +0800
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.17.8 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- In gdmlogin, change "Session" mnemonic to "e" instead of "s"
so it doesn't conflict with the "Start Again" button.
- Now AlwaysLoginCurrentSession is set to true by default.
- Fix spacing in gdmsetup so it uses less vertical space. (Lukasz
- Fix gdmchooser so it builds with HURD.
- Fix comparison with string literal in gdmdynamic. (Hans Petter
- On Solaris, gnome.session script calls /usr/dt/config/Xsession.jds
instead of gnome.session since Xsession.jds starts D-Bus daemons
needed for GNOME to run properly. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Takeshi AIHANA, Josep Puigdemont i
Casamaj\303\263, Nguy\341\273\205n Th\303\241i Ng\341\273\215c Duy,
Artur Flinta, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle, Leonid Kanter, Gabor
Kelemen, Priit Laes, David Lodge, Kjartan Maraas, Daniel Nylander,
Hendrik Richter, Changwoo Ryu, Thomas Thurman, Ilkka Tuohela)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
] [Thread Prev