ANNOUNCE: Beagle 0.3.2

Hi,
  I am pleased to announce the release of Beagle 0.3.2. This release
fixes the problem of building beagle using mono 1.2.6 and another
problem of building beagle with Avahi support. We have also started
using Hal to get information about battery and AC status; thus
NDesk-DBus is now a dependency of Beagle.

THE SHORT OF IT
---------------

To download the 0.3.0 release or learn more about Beagle, visit
the Beagle web page:

  http://beagle-project.org

WHAT IS BEAGLE?
---------------

Beagle is a Linux desktop-independent service which transparently and
unobtrusively indexes your data in real-time.  For example:

* Files are immediately indexed when they are created, are re-indexed
 when they are modified, and are dropped from the index upon deletion.
* E-mails are indexed upon arrival.
* IM conversations are indexed as you chat, a line at a time.
* Web pages are indexed as you view them (with a browser extension).
* Notes and address-book entries are indexed as they are created.

Beagle supports many different data sources and file formats.  For a
complete listing, visit:

  http://beagle-project.org/Supported_Filetypes

Beagle uses the Lucene indexing system from the Apache project and the
prodigious Doug Cutting, ported to .NET by George Aroush.

Beagle includes an optional GNOME-based graphical tool for searching
its indexes. Also included is an experimental web based search interface.

To learn more about Beagle, visit:

  http://beagle-project.org/About

NOTABLE CHANGES BETWEEN 0.3.1 and 0.3.2

* Use Hal to monitor battery and AC power. Earlier we monitored a
fixed set of files in the /proc filesystem. Now we require NDesk-DBus.

* Fix building with mono 1.2.6 [bgo #503639].

* Add a couple of Avahi specific missing files.

* Fix several bugs in handling exclude directories and patterns in the
Filesystem backend.

* Fix a crash in the Nautilus backend when it tries to index temporary
files [bgo #504192].

* Fix monodoc and manpages filter. Add support for gzip and bzip2
compressed manpages.

* Fix a bug in beagle-build-index where new files would not be indexed.

* Fix --enable-deletion in beagle-build-index. Set --enable-deletion
for system-wide indexes.

* New Empathy backend.

* Store file size for files from the filesystem, in archives and in
email attachments.

* Show a larger snippet in the tooltip in beagle-search.

* Allow users to bookmark webinterface searches.

* Also display the time of recently modified results in the webinterface.

* Add --write-xml and --read-xml options to beagle-config to enable
non-C# programs to read and set config options.

* Show documentation results in beagle-search when started with
--search-docs option.

* Add system-wide crawl rules for manpages and monodoc files. Keep
them disabled by default.

* Show the system-wide indexes in the backend chooser of beagle-settings.

* Translations:
  - Swedish (Daniel Nylander)
  - Spanish (Jorge Gonzalez)
  - Brazilian Portuguese (Igor Pires Soares, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle)
  - Arabic (Khaled Hosny)

Contributors to this release: Debajyoti Bera, Lukas Lipka, Kevin
Kubasik and  Anders Rune Jensen.

Full set of changes:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/beagle/tags/BEAGLE_0_3_2/beagle/ChangeLog?view=markup

- dBera