GDM2 2.14.12 (stable), the "Ai" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.14.12 (stable), the "Ai" Release
- Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:24:11 +0800
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.14.12 release is a stable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- The GDM configuration option daemon/PidFile is now deprecated and
GDM now always uses /var/run/gdm.pid. The location can be configured
at compile time with the configure --with-pid-file option. This
fixes bug #162849. (William Jon McCann)
- Fix strcpy so source and destination do not overlap. Fixes bug
#424299. (Ray Strode)
- Remove gnome glade references since GNOME does not use libglade
anymore. (Kristof Vansant)
- Fix comparison with string literal in gdmdynamic. (Hans Petter
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron
now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.18/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
] [Thread Prev