gThumb 2.8.1 [stable] released
- From: "Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc avtechpulse com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: gThumb 2.8.1 [stable] released
- Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:39:25 -0500
gThumb 2.8.1 [stable] is released
gThumb is an Image Viewer and Browser.
gThumb 2.8.1 is now available for download at:
Should I Upgrade?
Yes. This version is a bug-fix release, which fixes several vexing bugs.
No new features are added. Distro maintainers (especially FC6 and
Ubuntu) are encouraged to update from 2.7.x and earlier.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Bug 356623 - gth_location_new crasher. Frequently reported and duped
in FC6 and Ubuntu Edgy!
- Bug 343867 - Now, we always reset the exif orientation field after a
physical rotation. This should improve compatibility with F-Spot and
other image programs. (2.9.0 will be even better in this regard.)
- Bug 349576 - image scaling memory leak
- Bug 305046 - Fixed printing of multiline comments.
What's Coming in CVS HEAD
The 2.9.0 release will contain fancy new features, like:
- A redeye removal tool
- Much better support for Exif orientation tags during rotation
- Much better display of all Exif tags
- Now displays MakerNotes and Exif GPS tags
- Better camera auto-detection (supports multiple cameras/modes)
- Zoom-to-width mode, for scanned text
- Mousewheel navigation
- Sort by comment
- Sort by Exif DateTime
- A new CSS-based web album theme
- Maybe gtkprint support, if I can make it work...
Visit CVS HEAD for a whirl!
] [Thread Prev