ANNOUNCE: Conduit 0.1.0

Hey Everyone!

I am proud to announce the first public release of Conduit:
Conduit v0.1 - "Snakes on a plane"

   * Download: http://www.conduit-project.org/wiki/Releases
   * Screenshot/Screencast: http://www.conduit-project.org/wiki/Screenshots

What is Conduit
==========
Conduit is a synchronization application for GNOME. It allows you to
synchronize your data between online web services (Gmail,
backpackit.com, etc) and your computer.

Conduit is not a PIM synchronization application for sync'ing your
mobile phone with your Evolution notes. This functionality is planned
for the future

What Can Conduit Do
=============
This release aims to show the possibilities of Conduit and to try and
get other developers interested. It is the first release that is
Useful but still has limitations.

You can synchronize (one way at this stage) between the following
   * Gmail Emails
   * Gnome-vfs Files
   * RSS Feed with Enclosures
   * Tomboy Notes
   * Stickynotes applet Notes
   * Backpackit.com Notes

If conversion of data is required between these items then that will
be handled automatically and transparently. E.g binary files will be
attached to email, text files will be inserted inline.

Development
=========
I am actively looking for help with this project.
   * Conduit is written in python and PyGTK
   * Conduit has been designed to be easy to extend. It implements a
plugin system much like deskbar.
   * One of Conduits main aims is to encourage other developers to
come onto the project through supplying:
       ** Full API Documentation: http://doc.conduit-project.org/
       ** Developer Walkthrough:
http://www.conduit-project.org/wiki/Development

Conclusion
=======
More and more people use online services to organise their life, I
hope Conduit can be the bridge between peoples computers and the web.

http://www.conduit-project.org

John Stowers
john stowers gmail com