[pygtk] ANNOUNCE: PyGTK 2.9.4 (unstable)
- From: Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
- To: PyGTK <pygtk daa com au>
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: [pygtk] ANNOUNCE: PyGTK 2.9.4 (unstable)
- Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:04:11 -0300
I am pleased to announce version 2.9.4 of the Python bindings for GTK.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
This is an unstable release and should be used with caution.
GTK is a toolkit for developing graphical applications that run on
systems such as Linux, Windows and MacOS X. It provides a comprehensive set
of GUI widgets, can display Unicode bidi text. It links into the Gnome
Accessibility Framework through the ATK library.
PyGTK provides a convenient wrapper for the GTK+ library for use in
Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GTK+ library itself PyGTK is licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is
suitable for use in both free software and proprietary applications. It
is already in use in many applications ranging from small single purpose
scripts up to large full features applications.
What's new since 2.9.3?
- Include John Finlay's PyGTK reference manual (Johan, John)
- Setters and getters for GtkWidget.activate_signal (#331445, Gustavo)
- GtkToolItemType setter/getter (#331355, Gustavo)
- Code generator fixes (Gustavo, Johan, John, Yevgen Muntyan, Gustavo)
- Add more gtk+ 2.10 API (#337011, John, Sebastian Pölsterl)
- Don't copy treeiters in callbacks (#347273, John, Stefano Maggiolo)
- Provide full information for GtkTreeSelection.set_select_function
(#340475 John, Wouter Bolsterlee)
- Export less symbols and reduce the size of the libraries (#347825,
- Allow negative values for GtkTreeModel.set/getitem (#311852, Baiju M)
- Much improved interface/virtual method support (John)
- Remove evil 100ms timeout timer (#348937, Gustavo)
PyGTK requires GTK+ >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
GTK+ 2.10.0 is required for 2.10 API.
Bug reports, as always, should go to Bugzilla; check out
http://pygtk.org/developer.html and http://pygtk.org/feedback.html for
links to posting and querying bug reports for PyGTK.
jdahlin async com br
] [Thread Prev