ANNOUNCE: gcalctool - v4.3.48
- From: Rich Burridge <Rich Burridge Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gcalctool - v4.3.48
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:05:43 -0800 (PST)
gcalctool is the default GNOME desktop calculator.
It has Basic, Financial and Scientific modes. Internally it uses multiple
precision arithmetic to produce results to a high degree of accuracy.
This release is to try to get folks to give an important fix a real
workout before for GNOME 2.6 GA. See bug #135064 for more details.
Changes since the last version (4.3.46).
* Fixed bug 135064. Changing the sign of a large number (when "Show
Thousands Separator" is on and this is not the C locale), no longer
corrupts the display.
My special thanks to Miloslav Trmac for fixing this problem in a
really elegant manner. This is an important change to the way that
numbers are displayed.
The fix involved resetting all the internal calculations in gcalctool
to be done in the C locale, and then localized (radix character and
thousands separator), just before the number is displayed.
I'd appreciate it if everybody could give this a good thrashing in as
many locales as possible to make sure that it's fully working.
* Fixed bug 135328. Added Shift-slash as a recognized alternate for the
divide operation (needed by the be-latin1 keyboard layout).
[Although some of the ftp mirrors may take a little while to sync].
Rich Burridge Email: rich burridge Sun COM
Sun Microsystems Inc. (MPK14-260), Phone: +1.650.786.5188
4150 Network Circle, Fax: +1.650.786.7323
Santa Clara, CA 95054 AIM/YAHOO: RicBurridge
] [Thread Prev