Rhythmbox 0.5.0

Hello,

I am pleased to announce another release of Rhythmbox to the world.  For
the impatient, here's a quick link to the source code:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rhythmbox/0.5/rhythmbox-0.5.0.tar.gz

This is a very important release for several reasons:

First of all, the netRhythmbox branch has been merged back into the
Rhythmbox mainline.  It is always a good thing when a fork is resolved
amicably.

Secondly, a very large number of outstanding bugs have been quashed, and
a number of new features have been added.  This release was a long time
in the making, and we feel that it is quite solid and usable.  The code
base is also cleaner in many respects, and I think this bodes quite well
for the future.

Thirdly, maintainership of Rhythmbox has switched hands again.  On
behalf of the whole Rhythmbox team, I'd like to thank the previous
maintainer, Jorn Baayen, for his great work on Rhythmbox.  His design
influence can be seen in almost every part of the code.  Jorn has moved
on to other things, and we wish him well at whatever he does next!
I am happy to be your new Rhythmbox coordinator/patch monkey.

Finally, we have a redesigned website, for your viewing pleasure:
http://web.rhythmbox.org/

So with all that out of the way, here are the changes in Rhythmbox
0.5.0:

Overview of Changes in Rhythmbox 0.5.0
======================================

* Merge with netRhythmbox [Colin Walters]
* Revamped UI [Jorn Baayen, Colin Walters]
* Monkey Media is merged into the Rhythmbox tree [Colin Walters]
* Internet Radio support [Colin Walters]
* Xine backend support [Jorn Baayen, Bastien Nocera]
* Make MP3/Vorbis/FLAC support individually optional [Colin Walters, Bastien Nocera]
* Initial Sound Juicer integration [Bob Smith]
* Refactored node system (improved stability) [Colin Walters, Jorn Baayen]
* Refactored source system [Colin Walters]
* Ability to save playlists in .pls format [Colin Walters]
* Startup druid [Colin Walters]
* Dialog HIGification [Christian Neumair]
* Context menu for Nautilus [Mark Humphreys, Yann Rouillard]
* Song load failure dialog [Colin Walters]
* Slightly improved RTL locale support [Colin Walters]
* Save the library/playlists periodically [Colin Walters]
* Work around broken id3v2 tags [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
* Read FLAC metadata [Joshua Haberman]
* INTERNALS documentation [Colin Walters]
* Work around GtkTreeModelSort bug [Yann Rouillard]
* Work around GtkTreeView bug [Kristian Rietveld, Colin Walters]
* Initial multimedia keys support [Jan Arne Petersen]
* New --print-playing and --print-playing-path cmdline args [Colin Walters]
* Some playlist support [Colin Walters]
* Display watch cursor during long operations [Colin Walters]
* Updated .spec file [William Jon McCann]
* Many many bugs fixed [Colin Walters, Jorn Baayen, Yann Rouillard, Kristian Rietveld,
                        Bastien Nocera, James Kahn, Benjamin Otte, Sean Harshbarger,
			Christian Neumair, Carlos Perelló Marín, Christophe Fergeau,
			Mason Kidd, Jan Arne Petersen, Douglas McMorris, and many
			other people helped out, thank you all!]

New or updated translations, according to ~/bin/list-translators.sh:

Abel Cheung (zh_TW)
Arman Aksoy (Armish) (tr)
Artis Trops (lv)
Christian Neumair (de)