ANNOUNCE: GtkGLExt 0.3.2

Hello everyone,

GtkGLExt, OpenGL extention to GTK, version 0.3.2 have been released.

It provides the GDK objects which support OpenGL rendering in GTK,
and gtk_widget API add-ons which extend *ANY* GTK+ widget to an
OpenGL-capable widget.

This release includes some minor feature enhancements.

  * Internal codes have been optimized. ImplX11 and ImplWin32
    codes have been modified to use the internal-specific
    macros to reduce the waste function calls.

  * Experimental multihead support have been implemented.
    It is turned on when you compile GtkGLExt with GTK 2.1.
    I think it will works, but it is not fully tested yet.
    I cannot test the feature enough, because I have no multihead
    environment. Can anybody help me to test the multihead feature?

Could you please try it and tell me your comments?

General Information

GtkGLExt is an OpenGL extention to GTK 2.0 or later.

This package is composed of GdkGLExt library and GtkGLExt library.
GdkGLExt library includes low-level OpenGL related objects,
GdkGLConfig, GdkGLContext, GdkGLDrawable, GdkGLWindow, and so on,
which has GLX like interface. GtkGLExt library includes high-level
gtk_widget API extentions using GdkGLExt, which extend *ANY* GTK+ widget
to an OpenGL-capable widget.

The objects included in these libraries are implemented using C and
fully compliant with GLib's GObject and it's latest features.

The official web site is:

The official download & development information site is:

Supported Platforms

Currently GtkGLExt supports

  * UNIX platforms
      Tested on Linux (RedHat 7.3) and IRIX (6.5).

  * Win32 platforms
      Tested on Windows XP & 2000 Professional using MinGW/Cygwin

Thank you,

Naofumi Yasufuku  <naofumi users sourceforge net>
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Alan Kay