ANNOUNCE Gnomba 0.6.2

After a bit of a break, we are happy to release a new version of gnomba!

Gnomba is our stab at writing a GUI machine and share browser for the smb
protocol.  Gnomba allows you to scan any number of subnets for machines
with smb (samba).  The workgroups, machines and share are shown in a tree-view.
For each machine you can then view the list of shares, and mount, unmount
or browse them.

This release includes many bugfixes, better support for workgroups/domains, and
the much requested support for browsing via smb master browser lists.  If you
specify smb browsing you can only view machines in the current subent, however
it should now pickup win95 and win2000 machines correctly.  This feature is
very new, and may not build on all platforms, if you have any problems let us
know so we can fix it.

There was a problem with the 0.6.0 which caused it to quit if AutoScan was not
enabled.  This has been fixed in 0.6.2.  I am also currently only building
RPMs for RH 6.1, since that is what my machines are.  If anyone really wants
5.2 or 6.0 rpms just let me know.  Also if anyone else wants to build them I
will gladly accept them.

Check the ChangeLog for a complete list.

The URLs:
Homepage:  http://gnomba.darkcorner.net/
ChangeLog: http://gnomba.darkcorner.net/ChangeLog.txt
Tarball:   http://gnomba.darkcorner.net/tars/gnomba-0.6.2.tar.gz
Debian:    http://gnomba.darkcorner.net/deb/
6.1 RPMs:  http://gnomba.darkcorner.net/6.1/
Mirror:    ftp://ftp.server51.freshmeat.net/pub/gnomba

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.darkcorner.net
gandalf@darkcorner.net  gandalf@pobox.com