grdb 0.0.2 available

Hello All.

The first announced release of grdb (version 0.0.2) is available at:
http://missoula.bigsky.net/shunter/grdb.html

grdb applies the colors from your current gtk theme to Xt/Motif/Tk
applications. It does this by defining variables based on your theme and
piping these and some included app-defaults files into an "xrdb -merge"
command. Before and after screen shots (using the thinice theme) are at
the above site.

grdb is similar (though currently less functional) to krdb from kde, and
uses the same appdefault files.

I am open to comments, in particular, suggestions on the mapping of colors
(it is currently a best guess) and build problems on different systems.

grdb is not yet internationalized. This will come soon.

I also hope to add font support as well, but am not sure how to tackle this.

grdb currently only uses gtk. The actual "grdb" program will likely
always only use gtk. I do hope to allow enabling/disabling of grdb
via the gnomecc theme panel eventually.

Since this is not gnome specific, I will, barring public outcry, rely on
freshmeat to announce future releases. The initial announcement there has
not yet appeared.

Gnome uses should set it to run via "Startup Programs" in the control
center.

Thanks,
Sam Hunter <shunter@bigsky.net>