LibGTop 1.0.2-pre1

Hello guys,

I have made a Beta pre-release of the upcoming LibGTop 1.0.2 release.
If there are no problems with this tarball, I'll officially release it
as LibGTop 1.0.2 this weekend.

There is no "strong need to upgrade" if you're happy with your current
LibGTop, but if you had any problems in the past, it's likely that they're
fixed now.

However, I'd like to ask especially BSD people to test this release as much
as they can - I spend a lot of time this week to make it work with NetBSD 1.4
and even more time to make sure not to break anything, but bugs ought to
happen ....

* About this release

  This release will be fully binary-compatible with LibGTop 1.0.1 and mainly
  consists of bug fixes.

  I merged everything from the sysdeps directories of the HEAD that's
  currently stable and working into this release so you will also get some
  new features, especially if you're using BSD (see next section).

* Availability:

  The tarball is called libgtop-1.0.2-pre1.tar.gz can can be found at:

	ftp://ftp.home-of-linux.org/pub/libgtop/testing
	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/testing

* Important changes between LibGTop 1.0.1 and 1.0.2

  - NetBSD 1.4: Due to some kernel changes you can't use LibGTop 1.0.1
       there any longer, this is now fixed in this release.

  - BSDI: Added new port from Timur Bakeyev.

  - Digital Unix: I recently did some work here, so it compiles and basically
       work, but still not all features are yet supported; you must use
       --enable-hacker-mode to use it.

* About the BSD port

  The BSD port of LibGTop is currently (at least) working on:

  - FreeBSD 2.2.7, 3.0 and 3.1
  - NetBSD 1.3.x and 1.4
  - OpenBSD 2.4
  - BSDI

  Since this port is getting very complex we'll not just use system
  conditionals (such as `#ifdef __FreeBSD__') but also LibGTop version
  conditionals there (such as `#if LIBGTOP_VERSION_CODE > 1001000').

  This will make merging from the HEAD into LIBGTOP_STABLE_1_0 much simpler.

* Documentation

  This release includes the new LibGTop Reference Manual (not yet fully
  finished).

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org