ANNOUNCE: gnorpm-0.9

Hello,

I have just made a new release of gnorpm, the GNOME front end to the Red
Hat package manager.  The main new feature in this release is the updated
install dialog, which is now a comparable replacement for GLINT's
available packages dialog (whith a few extra features -- try out the
filters option menu).

It also fixes a number of memory leaks, and changes the way rpmfind
package searching is done, which substantially decreases gnorpm's memory
usage.

There is also some new translations -- es fr ko no sv and zh_TW.Big5.
Thanks go to the translators for these (see the individual po files for
details).

Gnorpm should compile with rpm-devel-2.5.x and rpm-devel-3.0.  It will
probably not compile with 3.0.1, and I haven't tested it with 3.0.2.  Note
that you can use a copy of gnorpm compiled with rpm-devel-3.0 with the
3.0.2 version of the command line tool.  Gnorpm also requires libxml >= 1.3
and libghttp >= 1.0.3 to compile.

It is available from:
  ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/latest/
  ftp://ftp.daa.com.au/pub/james/gnome/

There are no RPM packages of it at this point.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/