Re: Deb's for GNOME 0.99.1?

Dirk Ruediger <drue@madmax.boerde.de> writes:

> Hi,
> can I also download updated packages in deb-pkg-format? I've been looking at
> ftp.gnome.org, but these pkgs seem to be outdated (v0.30).
>
> Thanks in advance!

I'm working on them.

One problem is that they depend on an unreleased imlib.  I don't
maintain the imlib package.  If I upload an unofficial version (out of
the CVS), that will likely break other packages that depend upon imlib
(ie. enlightenment).

So, I'm going to do snapshot packages for the debian-snapshots project
instead.  See:

  http://master.debian.org/~jim/snapshots/

Unfortunately, this will be the first attempt at doing packages for
this project, so it's fair amount of work upfront.  I've been pretty
busy lately with the holidays, work, and such, so things have been
moving slow.

I'm hoping to have some packages out by Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers,

 - Jim