Screen magnification w/ mousewheel

Hello there!

I have been Looking at a Variety of Linux devices lately; the Purism and Pine64 products in particular, and was wondering how I could possibly redo my workflow in a way that I could work on a pure Linux Maschine, whereas I currently use macOS, iOS and Windows 10.

The main Features that I personally Need are:

  • Screen magnification with a Keyboard shutcut + mousewheel (because repeatedly tapping on a Keyboard to zoom in is suboptimal…or, rather, very slow)
  • Full-screen color inversion through a Keyboard shortcut (like AltGr+I on Windows)

In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, I saw that I could already zoom in and out using a Keyboard shortcut…but I could not assign them to using my mousewheel instead (i.e. super+wheel).

What are the plans going Forward in the regards of the screen magnification in GNOME 3? I quite like GNOME and would like to use it more, but without a suitable Setup of screen magnification, I am kinda…barred.

I also took this to the Librem 5 community and may have started something there in regards to getting this worked into their System. I assume they are not using stock GNOME but rather a fork of it to support convergence between a phone and a lapdock (like NexDock or just connecting to a screen and outputting a Desktop there).

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Kevin Ingwersen