Re: Touchscreen interaction

I think that for the best example of touch screen interaction, Android probably is the best bet. All the API's that matter are open source, and although not all versions of the Talkback screen reader have their source code released, full source code is in fact available for new enough versions to get an idea of how the interactions work. That said, though Android does contain a Linux kernel, it is not at all a Linux distribution, so much of the fundamentals will be different, just like looking at any other OS for inspiration. I only mention Android here because the source code is mostly open and fairly well documented.
~Kyle