Re: [g-a-devel] Could we release new Accerciser version ? Last one was on 2016-09-20

On 11/1/19 12:08, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Hello all,

The current version of Accerciser was release on 2016

Yes, I agree that it would be good to do an Accerciser release.

and are not longer usable on recent system due to iPython5 migration.
On Debian, we've specific patches applied to avoid that (patches are
available upstream).

If Debian need those patches, does that means that accerciser from
gitlab master doesn't work either? Or do you mean patches from master
applied on top of last release?

The thing is that if in order to make it working on Debian, it is enough
to use accerciser master, I could try to roll a release this cycle. If
some extra development work is needed, unfourtunately I would not have
time for that.

Having said so, that would be just a one-time fix, because as you are
mentioning below, I think that it is time to find a new co-maintainer of
Accerciser. I'm personally struggling to get ATK releases rolling, so I
would not be able to consistently do Accercisers releases.

This situation prevents people on some distributions to use Accerciser
for increase or test accessibility.
As we're already too few people working on accessibility, having a
broken accessibility inspector make people tells me "how I make
Accerciser to work on OpenSuse?" and could abandoned to take care of
accessibility.

When looking at the Git repository I'm seeing people making patches
and updating translations.

At Hypra, we've adding the iPython 5 support on December 2017. As no
one from Hypra (especially Samuel Thibault) has not the permission to
make a release we need to rely on someone with the rights to do that.

@Joanie/jbicha and all: Could you help us to release a new version of
Accerciser ? I've not your experience on the GNOME Project to know how
we should proceed in such critical situation.

@javier: Do you have the time to continue to be Accerciser maintainer?
The last commit of you was on 2016-09-20.

Did Javier replied this ping?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.