Re: Accessibility for person with a motor disability

Hi Alex and all,

I can confirm Cesar's description of the functionality of eViacam as a very objective and accurate one (despite - or thanks to - his direct involvement ;-)

I have been doing som content management for OATSoft for several years, but unfortunately the maintenance broke down a couple of years ago because of server hosting problems etc outside of my control. In addition to Gregg's link to the Unified Listing (which is a very comprehensive database merging data from many sources, but also a bit messy and not specific for free software), there is also another new attempt to replace the function of OATSoft in the OpenAssistive initiative. This latter is not yet very comprehensive as it is new and depends on user input. I suggest that we all check out these resources and try to help adding missing bits and pieces and keeping them up-to-date for free software solutions.

Regarding access alternative solutions for GNU/Linux there is also the Caribou on-screen keyboard: https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/Caribou. This is a rather basic on-screen keyboard tool. It has been developing slowly, but I have noticed some recent activity via the bug tracker.
Unfortunately the GNU/Linux environments are badly missing a full-featured tailorable on-screen keyboard alternative (including switch input etc.) following up on the GOK project since it was discontinued.

Cheers,
Mats

Mats Lundälv