Building a GTK UI as a blind developer

Thought I'd make an attempt at building my first GTK app. I tried using
Glade, as per recommendations in GNOME's various getting started docs,
but I'm running into some issues. In particular, I can create an
ApplicationWindow, and now I'm trying to place a menu bar inside of it,
but I can't seem to figure out how to do this via the keyboard.

I don't know if my struggles involve conceptualizing how the tool works,
or are due to Glade being inaccessible. Are any blind developers
building GTK apps? Is it possible to use GTK Builder/XML UI definitions,
or am I going to have to build up my UI from code?

Thanks.