ATK interface implementation for native GTK widgets

Hello,

I posted this on the GTK list but didn't have much success.

I have a use case where I want to define a custom accessible type to be used with native GTK widgets (not a custom widget). The end goal is to be able to attach my ATK interface implementations to a native GTK widget.

For example: I have a GtkButton. I want to define the accessible type for this button to be MY_ACCESSIBLE_TYPE. I see in the source code that the accessible type for GtkButton is GTK_TYPE_BUTTON_ACCESSIBLE, which is a subtype of GTK_TYPE_CONTAINER_ACCESSIBLE.

I have played around with gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type() but haven't had much luck.

Is there a way I can accomplish this without creating a custom widget that sub-classes GTK_TYPE_BUTTON_ACCESSIBLE (as an example)? And if so, is there any source code I can look at to see an example?

Thanks,

--
Eric Williams
Associate Software Engineer - Eclipse Team