Re: GNOME shell magnifier does not track Java UI events

On 19/04/17 11:01, Cancrinus, Bas(AWF) wrote:
GNOME  Shell focus tracking doesn't handle AWT/Swing events. GNOME
Shell focus tracking are based on listening at-spi2 events. So on the
case of Java, the ATK wrapper would need to forward any relevant Java
accessibility event in order to work with GNOME Shell.
Do you know the state of the Java ATK wrapper ?
It would be really nice if someone could step up and answer that question.

CCing Magdalen, Java ATK Wrapper maintainer.

Please let me give you an outline why this is so important to me:

I'm working as a business application developer. In my domain, JetBrains' IntelliJ IDEA has become the
facto standard for the type of development work I'm doing. I need strong magnification to do my work. Until
now I got the job done with ZoomText, tracking events through the Windows/Java Access Bridge. Recently I
got into trouble, because I had to work on software that was never designed to be built and run under
Windows. This is a trend and I'm holding my breath with every contract deal I try to strike.

So, how can we move this forward? The days I could push Linux away (against my will) are gone.

Many thanks in advance!
Bas