Re: gnome-speech Speech Dispatcher

Rose,

I wonder if KMouth is the type of program you are talking about
https://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/kmouth/ it uses various
speech engines and once QtSpeech is released will use
speech-dispatcher exclusively.

thanks,
Jeremy

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Nlomrb Gmail <nlomrb gmail com> wrote:
Thank you, Jose, Gary, Luke,
Peter, (and all members of the mailing list):

It is helpful to know about Speech Dispatcher.  I am not sure, though, it can meet my most pressing need in
a speech synthesis system.

I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis).  Due to it, I have, among other symptoms, difficult to understand speech
which is usually accompanied by weak speech.

I am looking for software to help when I am having a bad voice day.  I need to be able to have a
conversation with an able-bodied person.  Such software is often called AAC or SGD.  I wondered if GNOME
did it.

People with MS, ALS, TBI, stroke, autism, and other such conditions often develop a speech impairment, as I
have.

Are there plans to add this functionality to GNOME?  I am a potential, not current user.  A program which
could run under GNOME would work.  A Linux program would work.

I do not know C.  I know FORTRAN.

Thanks,
Rose

Sent from my iPad