Re: Re : Re: Accerciser and libreoffice

On 19/08/16 15:45, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Hi,

Actually it is a general introduction to devs I will do about: how to fix some accessibility bugs, test
them and test your fixes?

Yes for that, accerciser can be useful.

Also, when you submit a patch, how to ensure it does not break accessibility, presenting to acessibility
bus the proper information?

No, for that it would be better a regression test.

For this, I imagine to say: use accerciser, it avoids you to learn using an assistive technology and will
enable ou to code properly your subjects and ensure you send the proper tree. Would it be correct?

No. Accerciser is mostly a accessibility debugging tool. In order to
know how to use it, you need a basic knowledge of assistive
technologies. For example, Accerciser allows you to view the accessible
objects of the application hiearchy tree, and examine the accessibility
interfaces that implements. So you need to know what it is an accessible
object, that there are an accessibility hiearchy and that there are
specific interfaces (Text, EditableText, etc).

Regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

HYPRA, progressons ensemble

Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61