New magnifier UI: Input requested (follow-up)

Hi,

With this follow-up I'll try to describe ZoomText's current preferences dialogs [2] and how they relate to the proposed preferences dialogs [1] for the gnome magnifier.

As you can see in [2] the tracking preferences of ZoomText are split-up in 2 sections:

1. Tracking: here you check the classes of UI elements and the screen area to be tracked.
2. Alignment: here you select how the UI elements are aligned in the tracking area.

The alignment tab allows the user to set independent alignment preferences for 3 classes of UI elements:
1. Mouse pointer
2. Text cursor
3. Control and menu item

Note that when the user decides to temporarily uncheck a class of UI elements in the tracking section then the preferences for those UI elements are preserved in the alignment section.

As you can see in [1] all proposed Gnome tracking preferences are placed in the Zoom section. I'll discuss the proposed tracking preferences:

1. "Push with pointer", "Follow pointer" and "Keep pointer centered": this intuitive UI design covers all supported alignment modes (centered, push and proportional) [3].

2. "Keep keyboard focus in view" and "Keep text cursor in view": [3] describes combined focus and caret tracking alignment modes (centered, push and proportional). This UI design does not give the user the opportunity to select an alignment mode. Furthermore, it suggests that caret and focus tracking have separate preferences. That would be nice to have, but it is inconsistent with the current specs in [3].

My advise is to add "Push with caret", "Follow caret" and "Keep caret centered" to the Zoom dialog where the "Keep text cursor in view" checkbox enables/disables the radio buttons.
Q: Can you relate the "Keep keyboard focus in view" to a gsettings key?

Kind regards,
Bas