Questions about MouseTrap

Hello All,

A group of students from Western New England University and Drexel are working to revive the MouseTrap project. As such, we have some questions related to what MouseTrap should do. We are in a requirements gathering phase and the answers to the questions listed the questions below will help.

Thank you all in advance for the help.

Heidi

1)  Is there a specific group of users with disabilities for which MouseTrap is intended?

2) Do we need to implement focus on forehead or elsehwere? What parts of the body (pen??) should MouseTrap track?

3) How much do we need to account for spasticity -- should this be a priority or worked on down the road?

4) How much movement of the head is required for the cursor to move?

5)   Interface -- should it be simple, or full-featured? Should it simply be a program that moves the mouse with head movements, and leave the other features to other applications (Dasher and built-in on-screen keyboard and so forth)?

6) Does MouseTrap need to interact with any other applications? For instance, does it need to throw events for Orca?

7) What user actions should initiate and end the drag and drop capabilities?

8) Should there be other user actions (beyond open and close mouth) for mouse click?