Re: Developing a solution for people with traumatic brain injury

On 08/06/2013 09:45 AM, Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

I would like to introduce you with a project I am wishing to realize,
which is developing a solution for people with
traumatic brain injury.

More accurately, I seek to provide a solution to people with —
hopefully temporary — locked-in syndrome and cognitive
troubles, and which are treated in specialized medicine units. So the
solution could take into account two user types:
the patients which are the main user, and the medical staff which can
help calibrate the solution to the patient specific
needs.

On the technical aspect, there two main point:
 - acquiring input with specialized devices (eye tracking)

So something like eviacam?:
http://eviacam.sourceforge.net/index.php

 - providing a software environment which accompany the patient in its
cognitive progression

As it happens that I also would like to get involved in the GNOME
community, which is mindful of accessibiliy problems, I
thought it would be interesting to do this project within GNOME. For
now I have much documentation to read, but you may
want to point me to documents that you think would be particularly
relevant for this project.

Well, I think that the best place to start is the live.gnome.org wiki:
https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/

And if what you want is something similar to eviacam as I asked before,
and to get involved in GNOME, one idea would be trying to implement a
GNOME-integrated solution based on it. You can read more details about
it when it was suggested to include eviacam as a feature some years ago:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-October/msg00145.html

Best regards, and thanks for the interest

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias