Re: OCRFeeder 0.7.10 released

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Joaquim Rocha <jrocha igalia com> wrote:

[Removing from gnome-announce-list]

On 11/01/2012 12:54 PM, Dattatray Bhat wrote:
> Thank you Joaquim,  for this useful tool. Please let me share two
> inputs - 1. When exported as an .odt file, the text appears in the
> form of text frames which are not accessible to a blind user. The
> text should be exported as simple paragraphs in the document.
> Joanmarie Diggs filed a bug on this sometime back, but the problem
> continues.

Right. Composing the same document layout without using text frames is
really difficult. Visually impaired users might want to use the plain
text exportation format instead.

> 2. In Edit - Preferences dialog, I unchecked 'Fix line breaks and
> hyphenization' because I want to retain line breaks. When I export
> using File - Export option, the line breaks are retained in the
> exported text file. But when I export using the command line
> (ocrfeeder-cli), the line breaks disappear in the exported text
> file.

This is because the CLI version doesn't use the preferences that the
GUI version does. I will think about whether it makes sense to make it
use it or not.

If the CLI (command line input) version doesn't use the GUI version preferences, it should provide more options to set output preferences like line breaks and column detection.
Regards.
--
Dattatray Bhat