Sticky keys feature "broken"

Hello,

I have to use the sticky keys option in order to use a keyboard.
The new Gnome makes it impossible for me since it removes
any visual feedback about what modifier keys are pressed.

So far I have upgraded to the old Gnome which used to have that
option (which even Windows has the common sense to provide!).
But fewer things are compatible with it as time goes by. Is there
any option for visual feedback yet? Or any intention to provide it?

Thanks,
Prasad