Re: Enable accessibility team to automatically receive bugmail on a11y bug reports

On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 12:01 -0400, Kyle wrote:
> Rather than making a11y out of sight out of mind for specific
> application developers, my thought is that an a11y component could, if
> handled correctly, bring it into focus. Ideally, the a11y component
> would automatically send the bug to the a11y team, who would in turn
> be able to make specific comments, suggestions and/or patches and send
> the bug report along with all the extras to the specific application
> development team. If done this way, it puts more eyes on the bug
> report and more hands on the code, which IMO is a good thing(tm)
> ~Kyle

But doesn't that distract the A11y team?  The part about forwarding to
specific teams is good.  But patching?  If its not a11y-tools specific,
why should the a11y team be subjected to making patches for
accessibility that more closely falls under usability?  They've got a
lot of work already on their plates.

Moreover, how does forwarding to the proper team ensure better
attention?  The examples I gave earlier for Banshee were already sent
directly to the Banshee team via banshee component.  (Not criticizing
Banshee team here.)   If they were unable to have time to review or deal
with those bugs, does the fact that a11y team triages to them increase
their prioritization to the bugs?

I'm sure in most cases, this proposal is a very good one, and I'm not
disputing it.  Just want to make sure everything gets sent to its proper
place in a timely manner and can be dealt with promptly.

Bryen